中英双语美文
Sometimes, It Is Good To Be Alone
有时,孤独是好事
"It is necessary for me, sometimes, to just be alone and quiet and doing nothing."
“有时候,我必须独自一人,只是安静地呆着,不做任何事。”
Charles Bukowski, one of my favorite poets, once wrote this.
我最喜爱的诗人之一,查尔斯·布可夫斯基曾写过这样的文章。
I went on a walk today, by myself.
我今天出去散步,就我自己。
I've come to learn that it is healthy to be alone at times.
我了解到,有时孤独是健康的。
It is also freeing: for the mind, for the heart, and for the soul.
它也是自由的:对你的思维而言,对你的心灵和灵魂而言。
Just like you spend time with the people you love, you have to spend time with yourself.
就像你花时间在你爱的人身上,你也要花时间与自己相处。
You can't always do that when you are around others.
当你身处人群之中,你无法这样做。
At times, your heartbeat can drown in the noise and you can't hear what your heart is saying to you.
你的心跳声可能会淹没在嘈杂的噪音里,你无法听见你的心在与你对话。
Likewise, your mind can be preoccupied and too chaotic to the point that you can't understand your thoughts.
同样,你的思维可能被混乱所占据,而使你无法了解自己内心的想法。
It is important to learn how to be alone.
学习如何独处是很重要的。
During the time that I spent alone on the walk, I reflected on some things that I had placed in the back of my mind.
当我独自一人散步,我会仔细思考那些我放在心底的东西。
Doing that can place a burden on you.
这样做或许会给你带来负担。
You have no idea how much burying things in the back of your mind can subconsciously affect you.
但你不会知道,这些潜藏在心底的东西是如何潜移默化地影响着你。
You need to listen to yourself. Introspection is important.
你要倾听你自己。自省很重要。
It is essential to observe your own emotional processes.
观察自己的情绪历程很重要。
Self-awareness is important.
自我意识也是至关重要的。
You need to look inside of you in order to learn more about you.
你需要多看看自己的内心世界,这样你才能更了解自己。
If you can't do that, then it will be extremely hard to be in touch with your soul.
如果你做不到,那么你将很难与自己的灵魂相连接。
And, you need your soul as much as your soul needs you.
而你需要你的灵魂,就像你的灵魂需要你一样。
Are you your own friend?
你是自己的朋友吗?
This is an important question to ask yourself.
这是一个你要扪心自问的重要课题。
Make yourself the person who you would want to become best friends with.
让自己成为那个你想与之交朋友的人。
Don't stop learning about yourself.
不要停止了解你自己。
There are always so many undiscovered places.
总有许多还未被发掘的地方。
You are like the ocean, with depths greater than you can imagine.
你就像海洋,比你想象的深度还要深。
You will never fully learn about yourself.
你永远不会完全了解你自己。
But, you can keep discovering layers and layers.
但是,你可以一层一层地挖掘自己。
Go on walks alone. Sit in silence. Listen to music that calms you.
独自散步,沉默静坐,听些让你平静的音乐。
Do something, anything, that makes you feel at peace with yourself.
做些让你觉得平静的事情。
Do something that allows you to learn more about who you are.
做些让你能更了解自己的事情。
Be your own friend. Go ahead, be alone. You need it… sometimes.
做自己的朋友。继续前行,独自一人。有时,你需要它……
美文合集:
【特别声明】本公众平台除特别注明原创或授权转载外,其他文章均为转载,版权归原作者或平台所有,出于传递信息之目的,并没有任何商业目的。本公号尊重知识产权,如无意中侵犯了您的权益,请及时联系后台,本号将及时删除。
合集收藏
备考专辑: & &
语音单词:& & &
新闻英语: & &&
歌曲TED: & & & &
美文故事: & & & &
名字外教: & & & & &
微信公众号改版,订阅号消息不再按时间排序,为了防止迷路,希望小可爱们可以动动小小手点个“在看”或者将“小芳老师”添加到★“星标”☆中!让系统知道这是你喜欢看的公众号,这样我们就可以一直就可以永远幸福在一起啊!
特别声明:以上内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)为自媒体平台“网易号”用户上传并发布,本平台仅提供信息存储服务。
Notice: The content above (including the pictures and videos if any) is uploaded and posted by a user of NetEase Hao, which is a social media platform and only provides information storage services.