咚咚咚,敲黑板,学习时间到啦
重点词汇
delicate [dlkt]精致的,纤弱的
She was physically delicate and psychologically unstable.
她身体孱弱,心理上也不够稳定。
regular[rɡjl]有规律的
Regulars at his local pub have set up a fund to help out
经常光顾他的酒吧的人伸出援手成立了一个基金会。
involved [nvɑ:lvd]受牵扯的
We believe the time and hard work involved in completing such an assignment are worthwhile
我们认为完成这项任务所必须付出的时间与辛苦都是值得的。
facto ['fkto]事实上
The government of China took different measures to deal with de
facto marriage.
我国在不同的历史时期对于事实婚姻采取了不同的措施。
obligation [ɑ:blgen] 义务
His commitments to the stepchildren will not reduce his obligation to his natural children.
他对继子女的关爱和投入不会减少他对亲生孩子的责任
reveal the secret泄密
He would not reveal the secret even though he knew it.
尽管他已经知道了这个秘密,他是不会说出去的。
Conversation
Oh,hi,Penny.
你好啊 Penny
FYI,the hot water is inadequate on machine two,so colors only,and four is still releasing the fabric softener too early in the cycle,so I'd avoid using that for your delicates.
顺便说句 2号机器的热水不足 别深色浅色混着洗4号机器呢 洗衣程序中 还是会提前放出织物柔顺剂,所以你那些精致的衣服 还是别用那台了
Thanks.
谢了
Oh,good Lord...
老天爷啊...
Why don't you just take your clothes down to the river and beat them with a rock?
你还不如把衣服拿到河边 搁在石头上猛捶一阵
Sheldon,can I ask you a question?
Sheldon 我问你个问题行不?
I would prefer that you not,but I won't go so far as to forbid it.
我当然最好你别问 不过也不会阻止你
All right,I heard yes,so...
那... 我就当你同意了...
Okay,here's my question.
我想问问你
Has Leonard ever dated, you know,a regular girl?
Leonard以前有没有 跟正常的女孩子约会过?
Well,I assume you're not referring to digestive regularity.
我想你指的 应该不是消化功能正常吧
Because I've come to learn that such inquiries are inappropriate.
要是那样的话 我想这问题问的不合适
No,I meant,has he ever been involved with someone who wasn't a brainiac?
我是说 他有没有跟 没那么大学问的女孩子谈过?
Well,a few years ago,he did go out with a woman who had a PhD in French literature.
话说几年前 他确实跟一个 学法国文学的女博士有过一段儿
How is that not a brainiac?
这还不算有大学问?
Well,for one thing,she was French.
理由一 她是法国人
For another,it was literature.
理由二 她读的是文学
So...
那你觉得...
Do you think that if Leonard and I keep dating,he'll eventually get bored with me?
如果我和Leonard继续好下去 他会不会有一天觉得我很没劲啊?
That depends. - On what?
那得看情况 - 什么情况?
Do you have a working knowledge of quantum physics? - No.
你懂量子物理吗? - 不懂
Do you speak Klingon? - No.
你会说克林贡语吗?(星际迷航) - 不会
You know any card tricks? - Okay,you know what...
你会耍牌吗? - 行了 我说...
I get it.
我明白了
Leonard has no business being involved with a waitress-slash-actress
Leonard和一个服务员兼二流演员 没有共同语言
who felt so insecure that she lied to him about finishing community college.
而且她还骗他说 上完了社区大学 心里正发慌呢
Why would you lie about that?
你为什么撒谎?
Well,he was going on and on about this college and that grad school,and I...
他总是在说这大学怎样 那个研究生院怎么样 我就...
I didn't want him to think I was some kind of stupid loser.
我不想让他觉得我很傻很衰嘛
You thought the opposite of "stupid loser" was "community college
graduate"?
你觉得"很傻很衰"的反义词 是"社区大学毕业生"?
You know,there are a lot of successful people in this country who are community college graduates.
很多成功人士 都是从社区大学毕业的
Yeah,but you are neither.
没错 可你哪个都挨不上边
Right. Okay,look,this is between you and me.
对 好吧 你得替我保密
You cannot tell Leonard any of this.
啥也不要告诉Leonard
You're asking me to keep a secret? - Yeah.
你要我保守秘密? - 是的
Well,I'm sorry,but you would have had to express that desire before revealing the secret,so that I could choose whether or not I wanted to accept the covenant of secret keeping.
那真对不起了 你应该在说出秘密前 表达出要我保密的意思,我好选择 到底要不要替你保密
You can't impose a secret on an ex post facto basis.
你事后再说 这怎么行呢
What?
什么?
Secret keeping is a complicated endeavor.
保守秘密是一项艰巨复杂的任务
One has to be concerned not only about what one says,but about facial expressions, autonomic reflexes.
不但要注意说的话,还得注意面部表情 习惯性反应
When I try to deceive,I myself have more nervous tics than a Lyme disease research facility.
我说谎的时候 因为紧张产生的扁虱(tick) 比莱姆关节炎研究设备产生的还多
It's a joke.
这是笑话啊
It relies on the homonymic relationship between "tick,"the bloodsucking arachnid,and "tic," the involuntary muscular contraction.
同音词嘛 "tick"是指,吸血蜘蛛 而"tic"是无意识的肌肉痉挛
I made it up myself.
我自己编的
Okay,look,if Leonard finds out that I lied,I will absolutely die of embarrassment.
听着 如果Leonard发现我说谎 我一定羞愧自尽了
Physiologically impossible.
生理学上讲是不可能的
Oh,Sheldon,please.
哦 Sheldon 拜托
Look,I am asking you as a friend.
我是以朋友的名义请求你
So you're saying that friendship contains within it an inherent obligation to maintain confidences?
照你这么说 朋友就要无条件的保守秘密?
Well,yeah.
是啊
Interesting.
有意思
One more question,and perhaps I should have led with this.
再一个问题 或许应该这样问
When did we become friends?
我们什么时候成朋友了?
特别声明:以上内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)为自媒体平台“网易号”用户上传并发布,本平台仅提供信息存储服务。
Notice: The content above (including the pictures and videos if any) is uploaded and posted by a user of NetEase Hao, which is a social media platform and only provides information storage services.