put sb on the spot 为难某人
The question put me on the spot ; I couldn't make an excuse or lie.
这个问题搞得我很尴尬,我既无法推托,又无法撒谎。
You've put me on the spot here I can't answer your question.
这你可把我难住了,你这个问题我答不上来。
视频口语
Okay, there's a bank in New Hampshire that doesn't check anything.
我找到一家在新罕布什尔的银行,他们什么资料都不会查。
And before someone else grabs our cupcake space, I say we get on a bus and go up there.
趁别人还没抢走咱们要的店面之前,我们赶紧上公车去一趟吧。
They won't give out their exact address, but I know they're in a mini mall with a white castle.
他们不愿意给详细地址,只说是在小商城里,有白城堡标识。
Better idea. I went to Craigslist, Clicked on "etc"
我有更好的提议。我上了分类广告网站,点了其他类,
and found all kinds of opportunities to make some cash.
找到了各种赚钱的机会。
I'm fighting the instinct to weep, but keep going.
我在强忍眼眶中悲哀的泪,你接着说。
At first I thought I might call pit pig.
看到了一个闻香师工作。
He just wants his armpits smelled, but that's, like, 1,000 sniffs. Big commitment.
结果人家是要找人闻他腋下,但貌似要闻个一千次左右。牺牲颇大。
Or there's the weirdo looking for pretty amputees, but that feels like a bigger commitment.
还有另一个怪人要找个貌美的截肢者,但感觉这活牺牲更大。
So, check it. "Egg donors needed. Ten to twenty grand."
所以,看这个吧。"寻求卵子捐赠者。酬劳一到两万"。
No way, I could never sell my eggs.
别想,我死也不卖我的卵子。
I mean, wouldn't you hate to think you had a kid out there and not know it?
你难道喜欢在心里老惦记着自己可能有个孩子在外面吗?
I probably do. In 2006, I invented the Four Loko and robitussin smoothie.
我早有了吧。我06年发明了能量酒精饮料混感冒糖浆奶昔。
It's pretty much a blackout year.
我整年都在神志不清呢。
Seriously, for the right price I'd sell 'em all.
价钱合理,卖光所有卵子也行。
Really? I mean, I know you've always been tough.
真的吗?我是知道你一直都是女猛将。
To hear you tell it, you were part of an underground baby fight club.
也听你说过你曾是地下婴儿搏击俱乐部的一员。
But don't you wanna be a mom some day?
但你难道没想过有天要当妈吗?
In the history of the world, give me one example of a really good mother.
从古到今,举一个好妈妈的例子给我听听。
You're putting me on the spot.
这问题把我难住了。
All I can think of is Hilary Duff.
我脑子里浮现的只有希拉里·达芙。
Look, you're complicating this with these things you call emotions.
听我说,这事情很简单,是你感情用事,才这么复杂。
Like it or not... I'm an egg farm.
无论你接不接受...我就是个蛋鸡。
Because we don't know one single person outside of New Hampshire who can lend us that kind of money.
而除了新罕布什尔的那地方,我们找不到人会愿意借我们这么多钱的。
Yoo-hoo, girls, look out the window. Up here! It's me!
姑娘们,看看窗外。看上面,是我!
Oleg and I would like two cupcakes please.
奥列格跟我想要两个小蛋糕。
对话词汇积累
castle [ksl] 城堡;堡垒;车
He grabbed at the opportunity to buy his castle.
他抓住机会买下了他的城堡。
instinct[nstkt]本能;天性;直觉
I should've gone with my first instinct, which was not to do the interview
我本该听从自己的第一反应,不接受这次采访的。
weep[wip] 哭泣,流泪;流出
She wept tears of joy.
她喜极而泣.
armpit[ɑrmpt] 腋;腋窝
However, I had forgotten to shave my armpits.
但是我却忘了刮腋毛。
amputee[mpjuti] 被截肢者
I'm thinking this dog was an amputee.
我觉得这条狗曾经截肢过。
commitment [kmtmnt] 承诺;许诺;允诺承担
We made a commitment to keep working together
我们承诺继续合作。
smoothie[smui] 果汁;加奶(或冰激凌)果汁
Do you remember to include that can of soda, smoothie, cup of latte, or cocktail?
你还算上所喝的汽水、奶昔、拿铁咖啡或鸡尾酒了吗?
blackout 断电;停电;新闻封锁;
Would you believe me if I said there was a blackout last night?
要是我说昨晚停电了你会相信我吗?
往期精彩内容推荐
美剧英语 | 初次约会做这种事情不好吧…
美剧英语 | 引擎灯亮了吓坏谢尔顿,龟速前进令她傻眼
美剧英语 | 喜欢就会放肆,但爱就会迁就
美剧英语:生活大爆炸佩妮手臂脱臼向谢尔顿求救
美剧英语 | 吓傻了,酒吧美女要玩这个
美剧英语 | 我应该在车底,不应该在车里
美剧英语 | 酒吧泡美女,喝酒秒变浪荡子
美剧英语 | 出乎意料!女朋友被他过分爱护
美剧英语:她和男友在床上办正事,遭第三者无视闯入
美剧英语 | 教授被解雇怒火中烧
美剧英语 | 恋爱高手!一眼看出女生对你没好感
美剧英语 | 生活大爆炸:终于知道这种红脸害羞的事不能当面说
美剧英语:闪电侠内心的孤独不愿透露
闪电侠:不懂女人的口是心非
特别声明:以上内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)为自媒体平台“网易号”用户上传并发布,本平台仅提供信息存储服务。
Notice: The content above (including the pictures and videos if any) is uploaded and posted by a user of NetEase Hao, which is a social media platform and only provides information storage services.