习语 get under one's skin,它所表达的意思跟皮肤没有关系,可以译为“使某人发怒;惹恼某人;使某人不能忘怀;引起某人兴趣”,寓意:
1、to be irritating
惹人生气
2、to bother a person
打扰某人
3、to annoy someone
惹恼某人
4、to cause an affect that is not only strong but also one which cannot be forgotten easily
引起一种不仅强烈而且不容易忘记的感情
5、to provoke someone
激怒某人
6、to preoccupy someone to an extent of becoming an obsession
使某人心神不宁
例如:
1、The new manager is getting under my skin.
新经理让我难以忘怀。
2、My mom’s narrow attitude about gender equality really gets under my skin.
我妈妈对性别平等的狭隘态度真让我恼火。
3、I am just going to tolerate you until you find another apartment. Don't get under my skin until then.
我只能容忍你直到你找到另一间公寓。在那之前别惹我生气。
4、You alone can stop him from getting under your skin.
只有你能阻止他惹你生气
5、Simon really got under my skin when he said something so derogatory about women.
西蒙说了一些如此贬损女人的话,真让我恼火。
6、The palace is magnificent but something about this haunting beauty got under my skin.
这座宫殿很宏伟,但这个令人难忘的美丽让我不能忘怀。
7、I am leaving because you feel I am getting under your skin.
我要走是因为你觉得我惹恼了你。
用好习语,可以到达画龙点睛的效果,学习就是一个积累的过程,且要学以致用,举一反三。
特别声明:以上内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)为自媒体平台“网易号”用户上传并发布,本平台仅提供信息存储服务。
Notice: The content above (including the pictures and videos if any) is uploaded and posted by a user of NetEase Hao, which is a social media platform and only provides information storage services.