87．The substance does not dissolve in water ________________(不管是否加热)。
88．Not only _______________(他向我收费过高)，but he didn’t do a good repair job either.
89. Your losses in trade this year are nothing ____________________(与我的相比)。
90. On average, it is said, visitors spend only _____________________(一半的钱) in a day in Leeds as in London.
91. By contrast, American mothers were more likely____________________ (把孩子的成功归因于) natural talent.
87 Having spent some time in the city, he had no trouble ______(找到去历史博物馆的路).
88 __________(为了挣钱供我上学), Mother often takes on more work than is good for her.
89 The professor required that __________________(我们交研究报告)。
90 The more you explain, _________________(我愈糊涂).
91 Though a skilled worker, _______________(他被公司解雇了) last week because of the economic crisis.
87. Specialists in intercultural studies say that it is not easy to___(适应不同文化中的生活)
88. Since my childhood I have found that ___________(没有什么比读书对我更有吸引力)
89. The victim___________ (本来有机会活下来) if he had been taken to hospital in time.
90.Some psychologists claim that people_________ (出门在外时可能会感到孤独)
91．The nation’s population continues to rise_________ (以每年1200万人的速度)
87. The finding of this study failed to _____________(将人们的睡眠质量考虑在内).
88.The prevention and treatment of AIDS is ____________(我们可以合作的领域) .
89. Because of the leg injury, the athlete__________________(决定退出比赛).
90.To make donations or for more information, please ________(按以下地址和我们联系).
91.Please come here at ten tomorrow morning ______________(如果你方便的话).
87 __________(多亏了一系列的新发明), doctors can treat this disease successfully.
88 In my sixties, one change I notice is that ______________(我比以前更容易累了).
89 I am going to pursue this course, _____________(无论我要作出什么样的牺牲).
90 I would prefer shopping online to shopping in a department store because ____________(它更方便和省时).
91 Many Americans live on credit, and their quality of life _______________(用他们能够借到多少来衡量的), not how much they can earn.
87． Our efforts will pay off if the results of this research______ .（能应用于新技术的开发）
88． I can’t boot my computer now. Something ____________(一定出了毛病) with its operation system.
89. Leaving one’s job, ____________________,（不管是什么工作）, is a difficult change even for those who look forward to retiring.
90.________________________,（与我成长的地方相比），this town is more prosperous and exciting.
91.__________________（直到他完成使命）did he realize that he was seriously ill.
72. It was essential that ____________(我们在月底前签订合同).
73.To our delight, she________________ (进大学一个月就适应了校园生活).
74.The new government was accused____________ (未实现其降低失业率的承诺).
75.The workmen think ________________________(遵守安全规则很重要).
76. The customer complained that no sooner ________________(他刚试着使用这台机器, 它就不运转了).
72.If you had _______________________________(听从了我的忠告,你就不会陷入麻烦).
73.With tears on her face, the lady ________________(看着她受伤的儿子被送进手术室).
74.After the terrorist attack, tourists ___________________(被劝告暂时不要去该国旅游).
75.I prefer to communicate with my customers _________(通过写电子邮件而不是打电话).
76.________________________ (直到截止日他才寄出)his application form.
82. The auto manufacturers found themselves __________ (正在同外国公司竞争市场的份额).
83. Only in the small town __________________ (他才感到安全和放松).
84. It is absolutely unfair that these children _____________ (被剥夺了受教育的权利).
85. Our years of hard work are all in vain, ___________________ (更别提我们花费的大量金钱了).
86. The problems of blacks and women ________________________ (最近几十年受到公众相当大的关注).
82 But for mobile phones, ______________________(我们的通信就不可能如此迅速和方便).
83. In handling an embarrassing situation, ____________(没有什么比幽默更有帮助的了).
84. The Foreign Minister said he was resigning, but _________________(他拒绝进一步解释这样做的原因).
85. Human behavior is mostly a product of learning, _____________(而动物的行为主要依靠本能).
86. The witness was told that under no circumstances ____________________(他都不应该对法庭说谎).
82. We can say a lot of things about those____________________________（毕生致力于诗歌的人）; they are passionate, impulsive, and unique.
83. Mary couldn’t have received my letter,______________________.（否则她上周就该回信了）。
84. Nancy is supposed to_________________（做完化学实验）at least two weeks ago.
85. Never once ______________(老两口互相争吵) since they were married 40 years ago.
86._________________________（一个国家未来的繁荣在很大程度上有赖于）the quality of education of its people.
87. whether (it is) heated or not
88. Not only did he charge me too much或Not only did he overcharge me
89. compared with mine 或 in comparison with mine
90. half as much（money）
91. to attribute/ascribe their children’s success to
87. finding the way to the history museum
88. In order to support my university studies (或：to finance my education；to pay for my education/to pay my tuition fees）
89. we(should) hand in our/the research report(s)
90. the more confused I am
91. he was fired by the company
87. adapt oneself to life/living in different cultures
88. nothing is more attractive to me than reading或to me, nothing is more important than reading
89. would have had a chance to survive或would have survived
90. might feel lonely when they are far from home/ are not in their hometown/ traveling.
91. at a speed/rate of 12 million per year 或 at an annual speed of 12 million
87. take people’s sleep quality/quality of sleep into account/consideration
88. a field in which we can work together / a field in which we can cooperate
89. decided to quit the match
90. contact us at the following address
91. at your convenience/if it is convenient for you
87. Thanks to/ because of a series of new inventions
88. I have been more likely to get tired than before/ I get tired more easily than before
89. no matter at what expense (cost)/ no matter what I have to sacrifice (pay)/ would have to sacrifice (pay)
90. the former/ shopping online is more convenient and efficient (time-saving) (can save more time)
91. is measured in terms of how much they can borrow
87. can be applied to the development of the new technology.
88. must be wrong
89. whatever job it is/ no matter what job it is
90. Compared with the place where I grew up
91. Not until he had finished the mission
72. we sign the contract before the end of the month
73. adapted (herself) to campus life a month after entering college
74. of failure to fulfill its promise to reduce the unemployment rate
75. it very important to comply with／follow the safety regulations
76. had he tried to use the machine than it stopped working
72. followed my advice/suggestion, you would not have been/put yourself in trouble
73. watched her injured son being sent into the surgery/operation room.
74. were (have been )suggested/advised not to travel to that country at the moment.
75. via/with/through email instead of / rather than telephone
76. Not until the deadline did he send out
82. competing with overseas/ foreign companies for market share
83. does he feel secure and relaxed
84. be deprived of the right to receive education/ be denied the right to receive education
85. let alone / not to mention the large amount of money we have spent
86. have received considerable public attention/concern in recent decades
82. our communication would not have been so efficient and convenient.
83. nothing is more helpful than humor/ a sense of humor
84. (he) refused to make further explanation/ to further explain why
85. while animal behavior depends mainly upon (或on) their instinct(s)
86. should he lie to the court / is he allowed to lie to the court
82. who dedicate/ devote/ contribute their whole life to poems
83. otherwise, she would have replied to me last week
84. have finished the chemistry experiment
85. have the old couple quarreled with each other
86. To a great extent ,the future prosperity of a country depends on