百余年来
沧海桑田
物是人非
但美国《企业家》杂志扉页上的这段话却从未变过
它被称为
「 企业家宣言 」
▼
企业家宣言 美国
I do not choose to be a common person.
我不要选择做一个普通人
It is my right to be uncommon—if I can.
如果我可以,我有权成为杰出的人
I seek opportunity—not security.
我寻求机会,而非安稳
I do not wish to be a kept citizen,
我不想成为一位被保障的国民
humbled and dulled by having the state look after me.
孱弱而迟钝地安享着国家的照顾
I want to take the calculated risk,
我要做有意义的冒险
to dream and to build,
去梦想,去创造
to fail and to succeed.
要失败,也要成功
I refuse to barter incentive for a dole;
我渴望奖励,拒绝施舍
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence;
我宁要充满挑战的人生,也不要万无一失地活着
the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of Utopia.
宁要心满意足的颤抖,也不要萎靡虚空的平静
I will not trade my freedom for beneficence
我不会拿我的自由换取恩惠
nor my dignity for a handout.
也不会拿我的崇高换取救济
I will never cower before any master
我绝不在任何权威面前发抖
nor bend to any threat.
也绝不为任何恐吓所屈服
It is my heritage to stand erect, proud, and unafraid;
我的天性是挺胸直立,骄傲,且无所畏惧
to think and act for myself;
我要自由地思考和行动
to enjoy the benefit of my creations;
我要纵情于我的创造的价值
and to face the world boldly
我要光荣的面对世界
and say:
宣布:
"This, with God's help, I have done."
“在上帝的帮助下,我,真的做到了!”
“言值”爆表的人都喜欢赞赏
想第一时间接收英语演讲文章&视频?置顶精彩英语演讲就对了!操作办法就是:进入公众号——点击右上角的●●●——找到“置顶公众号”—— 开启。
特别声明:以上内容(如有图片或视频亦包括在内)为自媒体平台“网易号”用户上传并发布,本平台仅提供信息存储服务。
Notice: The content above (including the pictures and videos if any) is uploaded and posted by a user of NetEase Hao, which is a social media platform and only provides information storage services.